Clients & Collaborators
Diverse Learners Consulting works with organizations to provide workers and customers the best possible opportunities to learn and perform:
- Institutions looking to develop online learning programs for corporate training and employee education.
- Educational software companies that wish to move beyond one-size-fits-all solutions.
- Healthcare companies wishing to ensure their solutions are learnable, usable, and effective.
- Staffing and placement companies looking to develop state-of-the-art solutions for matching and training talent.
Current and recent clients and collaborators include:
Advanced Practice Strategies is an eLearning company and national leader in optimizing healthcare outcomes by measuring and improving clinical decision-making by doctors and nurses. Consulting work focused on their flagship GNOSIS adaptive learning platform, and included:
- Instructional and user experience design, including cognitive lab design and implementation.
- Data analytics to support learning map development and evaluation.
- Design of evidence-based content development processes.
- Design of effectiveness, validity, and reliability evaluation processes.
CueThink provides social, collaborative, and interactive learning environments for elementary through high school math students and their teachers. Their innovative iPad application improves students' critical thinking and math communication skills. Bob is serving as Principal Research Scientist on design of processes and research to expand the features and effectiveness of the software, as well as the development of a companion product, CueTeach, that provides teachers adaptive supports for math instruction.
Medix is an industry-leader workforce solution provider to healthcare, scientific, and IT clients. Consulting work focuses on design and implementation of data-driven decision making processes for matching talent and opportunities, and includes:
- Development of scalable approaches and processes that apply across diverse jobs.
- Data analytics to support design and evaluation of processes.
- Validity and reliability research.
TBMG provides customized interactive eLearning design and development services and solutions to corporate and government clients, with an emphasis on innovative instructional design and storyboarding approaches. It develops both desktop and mobile solutions, with particular expertise leveraging HTML5, CSS3, jQuery, and Flash/Flex. Collaborative efforts focus on implementation of adaptive learning, scenario-based learning, and analytics for large-scale corporate software training.
TechSpring is a technology innovation center affiliated with Baystate Health. Its mission is to accelerate innovation in healthcare informatics and technology through development, piloting, and proving of digital health products. Diverse Learners Consulting is TechSpring's preferred vendor for conducting focus groups to support product conceptualization, design, and evaluation.
Dr. Beverly Woolf, Director of the Center for Knowledge Communication, is a leader in the fields of intelligent tutoring system and educational data mining. Continuing a collaboration that began in 2007, recent consulting efforts focused on the development of a US Office of Naval Research-funded online math tutoring system and includes:
- Design of an innovative data reporting solution for teachers that allows interactive visualization of student data to support data-driven decision making.
- Application of design studio methodologies to the user experience design process.
- Guest lecturer on statistics and data mining for graduate-level course Tools for Explanatory and Tutoring Systems, Fall 2015.